Holland & Barrett, the UK’s largest health retailer, will be selling Tom Oliver Herring Caviar in their 700 UK stores from January 2020.
Holland & Barrett are delighted to offer such an absorbable and sustainable product to their customers. Many people can now benefit from the combined effects of fish oils, phospholipids and choline on their cardiovascular system, liver, brain and blood sugar control. The product is suitable for those wishing to prevent disease and those who already have health problems.
Tom Oliver Omega 3 Herring Caviar contains an unbeatable combination of Marine Omega Phospholipids rich in DHA, EPA and choline all wrapped up in a fish gelatin capsule. The herring caviar extract is from the roe of spring spawning herring caught off the west coast of Norway. This is combined with beneficial omega 3 rich fish oils from anchovies and sardines caught off the coast of Peru and Chile.
The Benefits of Omega 3 Oils
The Omega 3 fats are essential fatty acids (EFAs). They are essential because our bodies cannot make them but they are needed for health, meaning we have to get them from our diet and supplements. Fish oils contain the broken down forms of the omega 3 fats: EPA and DHA, making them easily usable by the body. Tom Oliver’s herring roe capsules contain a beneficial ratio of about 3:1 DHA to EPA.
Here are some findings about the benefits of fish oil supplementation:
- Supplementing with fish oils has been shown to reduce blood pressure and cholesterol, as well as reducing related symptoms such as headaches and palpitations, in adults with high blood pressure and high cholesterol (1).
- Whilst cholesterol is essential for normal brain development high cholesterol is associated with the development of neurotoxicity and Alzheimer's disease. By reducing LDL cholesterol fish oils have been found to have a protective effect on the brain (2).
- Herring roe rich in phospholipids has been shown to improve glycemic control and the lipid profile of young adults with a healthy lifestyle (3).
The Benefits of Phospholipids
Phospholipids are a major component of cell membranes. Phospholipids allow molecules such as oxygen and nutrients to enter the cell, and aid the excretion of toxins from the cell. They are highly bioavailable and can increase the absorption and utilisation of other substances, including omega 3 fats. Regular consumption of phospholipids is recommended for anyone wanting to protect the health of their brain and eyes.
The Benefits of Choline
- Choline is a water soluble B vitamin. Along with the other B vitamins it supports energy, brain function, liver health and metabolism. Here are some of the benefits of choline:
- Choline is essential in the structural integrity of cell membranes and for the formation of phospholipids (4).
- Choline supplementation has been shown to normalise cholesterol metabolism and improve liver function (5).
- Choline supplementation is used by athletes, taekwondo and judo competitors and the public for weight loss. Research backs up the helpful effects of choline in decreasing body weight in humans without negative side effects (6,7).
Key Take Aways
In short, this combination of Omega 3 Fish Oils, Phospholipids and Choline may improve the following:
- Cardiovascular health
- Brain health and cognitive function
- Eye health and vision
- Lung health
- Skin health
- Inflammatory conditions
- Insulin sensitivity and blood sugar control
- Liver health
- Fat metabolism
- Weight management
We are commited to sourcing sustainable ingredients for our products. Our Omega 3 herring caviar oil is extracted from MSC certified fisheries and is a Friends-of-the-Sea certified fish oil. Because the herring roe is extracted from fish stock already harvested (landed), no extra emissions are caused by fleet operations, making it an environmentally friendly product.
Benefits of Tom Oliver’s Herring Caviar Omega 3 capsules:
- Small, easy to swallow capsules
- No fishy aftertaste
- 3 times more absorbable than standard fish oil
- Embryonic form of omega 3
- 1 a day formula
- High in DHA, phospholipids & choline